Tri Counties Bank has a long history of investing in the financial success and well-being of our communities and is committed to making a positive impact in the communities in which we do business. We demonstrate this commitment through community involvement in and support for:
- CRA Investment, Donations, Sponsorships and Lending
- Volunteer Service Activities
- Community Sponsorships
CRA Investment, Donations and Sponsorships
Tri Counties Bank exists for one purpose: Improving the financial success and well-being of our shareholders, customers, communities and employees.
The Bank believes the positive differences we make in the lives of our community members will also determine the long-term success of our Bank. This allows us to apply our unique brand of Service with Solutions® to our communities as a whole; expanding our success beyond the walls of our branches.
Tri Counties Bank is proud to support organizations which strengthen our communities. Through investments, donations, sponsorships and lending to hundreds of non-profit organizations and community service organizations, we're pitching in to make sure our communities succeed.
Tri Counties Bank gives back to our communities by investing in, lending to, and providing donations and sponsorships to organizations that provide:
- Affordable Housing
- Community Services
- Activities that Promote Economic Development in Communities
- Activities that Revitalize or Stabilize Communities
Tri Counties invests in Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) projects which support the building, rehabilitation, and maintenance of low/moderate income housing projects. LIHTC funds are a unique public-private partnership that involves private industry, Banks, investors and community organizations in building and maintaining sustainable communities.
In addition, the Bank engages directly in Community Development (CD) lending, with a substantial portion of our annual CD lending budget focused on affordable housing. The Bank also provides technical assistance grants and event sponsorships to community organizations that support affordable housing initiatives, economic development, and community services; especially those benefiting low and moderate income citizens. Through Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI’s) and other community-based organizations, we provide capital for economic development for small business start-ups, financial education, and essential services to disadvantaged residents of our communities.
To make a request for a Community Development donation, investment, or sponsorship, please complete the Online Community Support Request Form .
Volunteer Service Activities
Tri Counties Bank employees and TRICO Bancshares Directors provide thousands of hours of volunteer services throughout the Bank’s footprint on an annual basis. Whether it is providing financial education classes, hosting a food drive, working on a Habitat for Humanity build, working with local shelters, or serving on the boards of local civic organizations and community groups, we are a team that gives back to our communities. We take pride in the volunteer service of our employees and Directors, which benefits a wide variety of community, civic and charitable organizations, while enhancing the Bank’s reputation in the communities we serve.
To make a request for Volunteer assistance, please download, complete the Online Community Support Request Form .
Donation and Sponsorship Application Process
- We invite organizations to apply online for community donations and sponsorship funding. Technical assistance during the online application process is available via the "Contact Us" link found at the top of each application page.
- Please have your organization's Tax Identification Number (TIN) available for submission before beginning the application.
- The online Community Donation and Sponsorship application process begins with some questions to establish eligibility. Once your organization and program eligibility is confirmed for a possible donation or sponsorship, you will gain access to the remainder of the application.
- Please allow ample lead time before your event or funds request date. Regional community donation and sponsorship committees meet on a monthly basis to consider requests.
- Once you have created a login, you will simply sign in to access your application and any future applications made on behalf of this organization.