We take care of the details so your deposits of $250,000 to $10 million can work in a safe place with access to FDIC insurance.
Introducing CDARS ®
CDARS is the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service. It's the easiest, most convenient way to enjoy full FDIC insurance on deposit amounts larger than $250,000. Whether it is for Personal or Business needs, CDARS is a great way to access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance on CD investments.
Access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance coverage on CD investments by working directly with just Tri Counties Bank—a bank you know and trust.
Earn one rate with our bank for each CD maturity and enjoy the option of reinvesting funds through a simple process. Rates may compare favorably to those of U.S. Treasuries.
Receive one easy-to-read statement from Tri Counties Bank summarizing all of your CD holdings.
How does CDARS work?
Tri Counties Bank is part of the CDARS Network. When you open a CDARS account with us, we place your funds into CDs issued by other banks in the Network-in increments of less than the standard FDIC insurance maximum-so that both principal and interest are eligible for FDIC protection. As a result, you can receive coverage from many banks while working directly with only Tri Counties Bank.
What else should you know?
With access to multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance, you can reduce collateralization requirements (if you are accustomed to collateralization) and avoid the hassle of opening accounts at different banks in different insurable capacities. You can also avoid manually consolidating account statements and interest disbursements. CDARS reduces administrative burdens, especially during tax and financial reporting seasons, and frees up your valuable time. You can skip extra paperwork while enjoying the piece of mind associated with multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance eligibility.
As always, your confidential information remains protected.
Ready to start?
Contact us by visiting any one of our branches or call 1-800-922-8742 for more information.
- The minimum opening deposit is $100,000.
- At maturity, customers must have a minimum of $250,000 on deposit with Tri Counties Bank and a minimum aggregate deposit in CDARS of $100,000 to be eligible for reinvestment.
- Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into a CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with Tri Counties Bank. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by Tri Counties Bank.
- CDARS satisfies the FDIC's requirements for agency pass-through deposit insurance coverage.
- CDARS is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.
- If a depositor is subject to restrictions with respect to the placement of funds in a depository institution, it is the responsibility of the depositor to determine whether the placement of the depositor's funds through CDARS or a particular CDARS transaction satisfies those restrictions.