Safe Online Shopping and Secure Payments
Follow these measures for a safer digital shopping experience:
Research sellers to make sure they’re legitimate.
Anyone can set up a shop online, so it’s crucial to research a seller thoroughly before purchasing from their website.
- Search online for the product or company name along with words like “complaint” or “scam”.
- Read reviews about the seller and product with a critical eye and check several sources.
- Ensure that the business provides a physical address and reachable phone number you can contact if any issues arise.
- If the offer or price seem too good to be true, trust your instincts.
Look for “HTTPS” in the URL.
Before you input any personal or payment details, examine the URL.
- The URL should begin with “https” rather than “http”.
- Look for a lock symbol in the address bar.
- If you don’t see those two indicators, your connection to the website is not secure.
- Verify the entire URL to avoid counterfeit sites.
- A counterfeit site may have a misspelling in the URL.
Use your home internet connection.
Shop at home to reduce the risk of sensitive payment data falling into the wrong hands. Steer clear of shopping online when connected to public Wi-Fi networks or while using public computers.
Safeguard your finances with Tri Counties Bank’s digital banking services:
- TCB Debit Card Manager App: Manage your debit card transactions and set spending limits. If you suspect your debit card has been compromised, toggle it off within the app and call us immediately at 1-800-922-8742.
- Digital Wallet Security: Use a digital wallet with your Tri Counties Bank Visa debit or credit card to add an extra layer of security for your mobile and web transactions.
- Active Account Monitoring: Tri Counties Bank’s Mobile and Online Banking provide real-time access to your account activity. Moreover, you can personalize alerts to stay informed on what’s happening on your accounts.