March 24, 2023
We are providing an update on a recent ransomware cybersecurity incident. Tri Counties Bank recently detected and managed a cybersecurity incident. After detecting unusual activity in our network environment, we shut down our networked systems and immediately notified the authorities. We then brought the bank’s systems back online in a careful and methodical process with attention to the security of customer data and accounts. At this time, all Tri Counties Bank customer services are operating normally.
Although we took immediate action upon discovering the cybersecurity incident, we are aware that an unauthorized party has recently posted certain information that they allege they stole from our system. We are working with third party forensic specialists to continue to assess what data may have been impacted, and we will notify affected parties as soon as possible and as required.
While this investigation is ongoing, it is important to note that Bank accounts are housed on a secure system which is separate from the network environment impacted during this incident. There is no evidence that your accounts were accessed or otherwise impacted. None of our customers' account balances have been affected. Protecting our customers and the security of our systems remains a top priority.
We always encourage customers to monitor for and report any suspicious activity observed on their accounts. Please refer to the security page on our website for further information on how to protect your account.
Your business is very important to us. If you have any questions, please contact your local branch or relationship manager, or call us at 1-800-922-8742.
Current Service Status:
All Tri Counties Bank customer services are operating normally.
As a result of the network outage, Tri Counties Bank will waive or reverse the following fees:
For Business Customers:
- Treasury Management Fees: charges for Positive Pay services in February.
- Monthly Maintenance Fees: assessed on non-analysis business checking, savings or money market accounts between February 7 and March 21, 2023.
For both Business and Consumer Customers:
- ATM Fees (for activity using your Tri Counties Bank Debit Card), as specified below:
- ATM Fees assessed by Tri Counties Bank between February 7 and February 21, 2023
- ATM Usage Fees charged by another ATM Operator between February 7 and February 21, 2023. (For example, an ATM fee charged by another bank for using their ATM.)
- Overdraft Fees: assessed between February 7 and February 21, 2023.
- Chargeback Fees: assessed between February 7 and February 21, 2023.
- Loan Payments: Late Fees assessed on loan accounts between February 7 and February 21, 2023.
For Consumer Customers:
- Monthly Maintenance Fees: assessed on consumer checking, savings or money market accounts between February 7 and March 21, 2023.
You may temporarily see these fees on your account statement or within Mobile or Online Banking before they are reversed. Fees described above assessed on or before February 27 will be reversed on February 28, 2023. Monthly Maintenance Fees described above assessed from February 28 to March 21 will be reversed on March 22, 2023.