Tri Counties Bank is very concerned about your comfort level when it comes to Internet security and safety issues. We are committed to providing you with superior customer service and the convenience of "Banking with the service you deserve."
To that end, we want you to know how we will handle the information we learn about you from your visit to our website. The information we receive depends entirely upon what you do when visiting our site. We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide such information.
If you visit our website to read or download information, such as our brochures, use our financial calculators, or access information about our Bank, unless you identify yourself so that we can respond to an inquiry or request from you, we collect and store only the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you are accessing the Internet, (for example America Online (AOL) or California State University, Chico);
- The date and time you accessed our site;
- Your Internet Service Provider and the type of web browser you are using, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- We use the above information to collect and measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our website, and to help us stay abreast of technical upgrades that can make our site more accessible and innovative for our visitors.
If you visit our website and use the e-mail function and your e-mail contains your name and address or other personally identifying information, you should know various Tri Counties Bank employees could see your information. We retain and record this information for legal and regulatory reasons as well to better service your financial needs. We adhere to the following principles in handling the information you provide:
- We use your personally identifying information only for the purpose for which it is originally collected. If you make an inquiry or request a return correspondence from us, we may enter your information into one of our databases that we use for follow up and/or tracking purposes.
- We maintain your personally identifying information using a secure encryption program called Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and we limit employee access to those with a business reason to see it.
- We do not disclose your information to any one outside of Tri Counties Bank unless we are required by law to do so. Note: If you are sending e-mail to us, please be reminded that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception and could be read by others outside of Tri Counties Bank. If you are sending us information that is very sensitive or includes personal or confidential information, (such as your bank account number, a charge card or ATM number, social security number, or Personal Identification Number), unless you are accessing us though our On-Line Banking Service or another secured area of our website, you should send your correspondence to us via postal mail to Tri Counties Bank, Direct Banking Center, 63 Constitution Dr., Chico, CA 95973, or contact our Telephone Banking Center at (800) 922-8742
On-Line Banking Privacy Practices
We want you to know how we will handle the information we learn about you from your visit to our On-line banking site. The information we receive depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
We use your personally identifying information only for the purpose for which it is originally collected. If you make an inquiry or request a return correspondence from us, we may enter your information into one of our databases that we use for follow up and/or tracking purposes. We maintain your personally identifying information in a secure computer system and we limit employee access to those with a business reason to see it. For your security our On-line banking system is validated and protected using Security Socket Layer (SSL) and all communication through this program is encrypted, or "scrambled," using VeriSign. We reserve the option to view, monitor and record activity on this system without notice or permission. You should know that any information obtained by us might be subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with the investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on the system. For more information on VeriSign, click here or call our Customer Service Department at 800-922-8742. By visiting our On-Line Banking site, we also record and track various non-personal information, such as the name of the domain from which you are accessing the Internet, (for example AOL), the date and time you accessed our site, and the Internet Service Provider you are using which linked you directly to our website. This information is collected so that we can analyze the usefulness and interest generated by our various products and services. Keeping information accurate and up to date is very important to us and to you. Tri Counties Bank continually strives to maintain complete and accurate information about our customers and their accounts. In keeping with reasonable commercial standards, we have established procedures to ensure the maintenance of current and factual financial information. We also pledge to investigate and respond to all concerns or requests in a timely manner and to correct any inaccuracies.
f you believe our information about you is inaccurate, or if you want to change your personal information such as your e-mail address, you may contact us by accessing our contact us page or by calling our Tri Counties Telephone Banking Center at (800) 922-8742 or by writing us at Tri Counties Bank, Direct Banking, 63 Constitution Drive, Chico, CA 95973.
You can count on Tri Counties Bank to keep you informed about how we protect your privacy and will limit the sharing of information you provide to us, whether it's at our Direct Banking Center, one of our branches, over the phone, or through the Internet.>
NOTE: Since we cannot control information on other Internet sites, we are not responsible for the content of sites that are linked to and from us.
Important Notice: We do not knowingly solicit data from children, and we do not knowingly market to children. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and with parents.
Tri Counties Bank reserves the option to alter or amend this policy statement or any of the policies or procedures described above at any time and without prior notice. These principles and practices are for general guidance and do not constitute a contract and do not modify or amend any agreement we currently have with our customers.
Responsibilities of Online Banking Customers
There are some things we cannot prevent, and therefore will not be responsible for the reimbursement of damages or losses caused by:
- Customer input errors.
- Customer's negligence by sharing or handling of personal ID's and passwords, which result in unauthorized access to accounts. Customer passwords must be kept secret. This includes loss of IDs and passwords resulting from computer viruses or software that allows others to obtain private information from your computer (e.g., key logging software etc.).
- Customer's neglect to report thefts of passwords or ID's.
- Customer's failure to complete banking sessions by clicking the EXIT button before leaving the computer unattended. Security Tip: When you begin a session of online banking, your User ID and password are stored on our computer from the moment you log on to the moment you click EXIT. If the PC is left unattended with the browser still running and your online banking session still active, anyone can gain access to your accounts from that PC! Be sure to completely end the session before leaving your computer.
- Known incidents of theft or loss of debit cards not reported to one of our Representatives either by phone, e-mail, or in person, within 2 business days. Remember...Our 24-Hour Customer Service Center is available to you 365 days a year at 1-800-922-8742. Security Tip: Be sure to keep your computer free from viruses that could be used to capture password keystrokes!
We take pride in the service we deliver to our customers and believe that you will find Tri Counties Bank is attentive to any concerns that you may have about conducting online banking transactions. However, if you have any thoughts or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-922-8742.
Verisign Authentic Sites
Visit VeriSign's Website to learn more about site authenticity.