The Relationship Manager develops and manages relationships with commercial clients in assigned business segments and/or geographic areas. Presents a variety of product solutions to meet client needs. Provides responsive, quality service. Approves transactions within delegated authority. Manages overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk.
AGRICULTURE EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED.
- Prepares a relationship plan and calling schedule for each client or prospective client in conjunction with strategic business development program. Identifies business opportunities by learning prospect’s business, company or industry and their needs.
- Calls on existing or prospective clients. Discusses and promotes all Bank products and services to establish total client Bank relationships and makes appropriate referrals. Brings in product specialists, as necessary, to help problem solve or structure a transaction.
- Negotiates transactions, prices products within targeted rate of return, documents and closes transactions. Exercises sound credit and risk judgment in approving transactions. Recommends approval when transaction size exceeds authority limits. Ensures quality of all Bank business.
- Interfaces with other Bank units as necessary. Defines responsibilities and coordinates objectives for all product areas in a relationship or transaction. Resolves all client needs and any internal issues.
- Monitors and analyzes relationship plan results and account activities. Determines client profitability. Makes recommendations regarding accounts to be further developed or eliminated. Prepares various reports for management.
- Monitors portfolio for quality, risk and adherence to policy. Works with appropriate staff to resolve issues.
- Maintains an awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in market areas.
- Analyzes problem credits and meets with clients to develop solutions to minimize lost exposure.
- Serves as a product specialist and a technical consultant to clients in various business segments and geographic locations. Develops and conducts client and employee training sessions and informal updates.
- Provides individual personal banking services to clients.
- Participates in civic and community affairs as appropriate.
- Maintains a current understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school graduate minimum.
- College degree preferred and/or 3 to 5 years related experience.
- Good understanding of Bank’s products and services applicable to target client segment.
- Good knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of consumer credit skills when dependent on assigned business segments.
- Good credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Working knowledge of Bank’s operations.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
Medical, dental and vision, Prescription Drug, Group Term Life/AD&D, Dependent Life and Supplemental Life Plans, Flex 125 Plans, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, 401k Retirement Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Time Off Plans