The Personal Banker promotes and sells all retail Bank products and services to new and existing customers.
- Uses every customer interaction as an opportunity to build a relationship with each customer through effective profiling, tele-consulting and where appropriate refer customers to business partners.
- Meets sales goals as assigned.
- Maintains accurate sales records and regularly reviews sales results with Branch Manager and prepares an action plan taking appropriate steps to meet/exceed sales objectives.
- Prepares for and participates actively in branch sales meetings.
- Ensures that all customer transactions are handled timely and accurately according to guidelines and that cash and security procedures are followed.
- Accurately prepares necessary documentation from the sale of products and services and inputs data.
- Maintains a current understanding of stated policies and procedures, including regulatory and compliance issues.
- Assists other branch team members in non-primary assigned duties whenever necessary.
- Assists in training branch team members, on product knowledge and skill development when necessary.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or GED required, unless age 18.
- Previous experience with bank sales, preferred.
- Effective written, verbal/nonverbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to utilize personal computers and Windows based programs.
- Successful completion of Bank’s product and sales training courses and appropriate certifications.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Medical, dental and vision, Prescription Drug, Group Term Life/AD&D, Dependent Life and Supplemental Life Plans, Flex 125 Plans, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, 401k Retirement Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Time Off Plans