The Director of Marketing oversees overall marketing for the Bank including product marketing, marketing communications, brand management, and channel marketing. Manages the Bank’s advertising program and directs bank-wide marketing programs and initiatives. The Director of Marketing develops strategy to promote the Bank’s image, products, and services in collaboration with executive management and internal business partners. Researches and measures the effectiveness of the Bank’s advertising and brand image, and provides direction to the marketing team, including the Creative Services Manager, external business partners and production resources.
- Develops, implements, and manages marketing and communications strategies for targeted segments, products and services, working with internal business partners, product managers, and marketing vendors. Ensuring that all implementations are consistent with the Bank’s brand.
- Oversees the development of marketing collateral to ensure all marketing communications support the marketing plan consistent with the Bank’s brand positioning and financial objectives. Including visual, printed, and online banking communications, and public relations as appropriate.
- Develops, implements, and manages mobile/online channels marketing strategy, programs, and content.
- Develops the Bank’s social media policy. Develops, implements, and manages social media strategy, programs, and content. Monitors, measures, and reports the usage and sentiment.
- Ensure all collateral is compliant with banking rules and regulations. Working in collaboration with the Compliance Officer to maintain understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance issues.
- Manages the development, production, and distribution of promotional items. Working with internal business partners to continuously improve all marketing collateral.
- Researches and measures the effectiveness of the Bank’s advertising and brand image.
- Consults and advises executive management on marketing aspects of all major company activities. Regularly makes presentations to executive management and board of directors to keep them informed on the results of key marketing initiatives.
- Conducts quality review of customer communications to ensure consistency with the Bank brand and sensitivity toward customer perspectives. Coordinating review with Compliance, Legal, and Operations team members.
- Plans and executes promotional events, representing the bank at community, business and educational functions to enhance awareness of the Bank in the community. Develops and maintains contacts within the community.
- Manages the marketing budget, including planning, forecasting, reconciling, and monitoring. Works with executive management and internal business partners in formulating plans and allocating resources.
- Works with Product Managers to provide guidance and coordination in the launch and installation of new products and services. Develops and coordinates cost effective branding, advertising, and promotional programs based on need, feasibility, and increased profit requirements. Participates in the establishment of new products and services and provides appropriate support to product development teams.
- Writes/oversees submission of Bank press releases.
- Educates and informs Bank employees on the Bank brand and specific marketing programs.
- Manages and provides leadership to direct reports, including hiring, performance reviews, promotions, salary increases, coaching, training and development, and disciplinary actions.
- Demonstrate relationship skills by encouraging and synthesizing feedback from internal business partners.
- Demonstrate creativity for designing marketing programs based on proven formulas.
- Ensure the economics/costs of marketing campaigns make sense and the required goals are set to achieve an appropriate ROI.
- Communicate marketing and promotional events to the sales force in a succinct and compelling manner such that the sales force are enthused and energized by the program.
- Manage On-Hold messaging as it relates to marketing of the Bank’s products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a current understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- Marketing degree or other bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of traditional and online marketing strategies, techniques, and processes.
- Knowledge of marketing to segmented customer groups through implementation of CRM software systems.
- Knowledge of social media and the ability to use them effectively to promote the Bank.
- Skills in graphic design and copy writing.
- Highly skilled in strategic planning.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Skill in planning and implementing complex projects. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, and in writing, including the ability to write articles, speeches, and presentations for executive management.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; teambuilding, working collaboratively, and facilitation. Skills in coaching, directing, and motivating direct reports.
- The ability to persuade and influence.
- Knowledge of banking industry trends and issues.
Medical, dental and vision, Prescription Drug, Group Term Life/AD&D, Dependent Life and Supplemental Life Plans, Flex 125 Plans, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, 401k Retirement Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Time Off Plans