The Teller is responsible for promoting and referring/selling all bank products and services to new and existing customers at the teller line and through telemarketing. Handles customer service transactions, such as receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits and withdrawing funds. Provides information and assistance in researching customer problems, balances a cash drawer daily and answers customer inquiries.
- Probes for customer financial needs and recommends bank products and services.
- Refers retail loan and deposit products.
- Meets referral goals as assigned.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly service to Bank customers ensuring that all customer transactions are handled timely and accurately according to guidelines.
- Ensures that cash and security procedures are followed accounting for assigned cash.
- Balances cash drawer and maintains drawer within limits.
- Completes necessary documentation and data entry.
- Processes all deposit and loan transactions.
- Makes outbound calls to new and existing customers to maintain contact and satisfy servicing needs.
- Assists other branch team members in non-primary assigned duties when necessary.
- Assists in training branch team members on product knowledge and skill development when necessary.
- Performs monthly certifications when necessary.
- Assists in processing ATM (including balancing) and night drop.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a current understanding of stated policies and procedures, including regulatory compliance issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or GED required, unless age 18.
- Effective selling and cross-selling skills.
- Excellent written, verbal/nonverbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to utilize personal computers and Windows based programs.
- Successful completion of Bank’s product and sales training courses.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.