The In-Store Personal Banker promotes and sells all retail Bank products and services to new and existing customers. In addition, the In-Store Personal Banker handles all customer service transactions such as receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits, and handling withdrawals. The In-Store Personal Banker provides information and assistance in researching customer problems, balances a cash drawer daily and answers customer inquires. This individual performs all teller related duties.
- Uses every customer interaction as an opportunity to build a relationship with each customer through effective profiling, tele-consulting and where appropriate refer customers to business partners.
- Meets sales goals as assigned.
- Performs daily aisle time and PAs.
- Maintains accurate sales records and regularly reviews sales results with Branch Manager and prepares an action plan taking appropriate steps to meet/exceed sales objectives.
- Prepares for and participates actively and constructively in branch sales meetings.
- Ensures that all customer transactions are handled timely and accurately according to guidelines and that cash and security procedures are followed.
- Accounts for all assigned cash, balance cash drawer and maintain drawer within limits.
- Assists in all activities related to branch operations and teller functions.
- Prepares necessary documentation from the sale of products and services and inputs data.
- Assists other branch team members in non-primary assigned duties whenever necessary.
- Maintains a current understanding of stated policies and procedures, including regulatory and compliance issues.
- Assists in training branch team members on product knowledge and skill development when necessary.
- Performs monthly certifications as required.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or GED required, unless age 18.
- Previous experience with bank sales, preferred.
- Effective written, verbal/nonverbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to utilize personal computers and Windows based programs.
- Successful completion of Bank product and sales training courses and appropriate certifications.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Medical, dental and vision, Prescription Drug, Group Term Life/AD&D, Dependent Life and Supplemental Life Plans, Flex 125 Plans, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, 401k Retirement Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Time Off Plans