The Compliance Risk Management Officer is responsible to develop and assure an ongoing, comprehensive and effective structure of internal controls to mitigate risk in assigned areas of responsibility and to assure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. The Compliance Risk Management Officer is also responsible to lead, develop and train Bank employees regarding specific internal processes and control responsibilities.
Vendor Risk Management System
- Ensure that Bank Policy and Procedures provide an appropriate framework for oversight and daily risk management of third-party service provider and vendor relationships.
- Ensure that third-party service provider and vendor relationships associated with existing as well as new products and services are sufficiently understood and documented by business units (business owners) and key assumptions, data sources, and procedures used to measure and monitor vendor-related operational risks are appropriate, adequately documented and periodically tested for effective operation.
- Ensure that the Bank’s risk management program, including the Vendor Management System, is compliant under the laws, rules and regulations of the FDIC and/or DFI.
- Ensure that business units/owners maintain appropriate communications with third-party service providers and vendors to ensure that their activities are consistent with the Bank’s expectations and oversight activities are structured to monitor operational and customer related risk exposures and compliance with established limits, goals and objectives. Compare expected performance and key risk indicators to actual performance.
- Maintain the Bank’s Vendor Management System and ensure that all vendor risk assessments, contracts, and related due diligence documentation is on file timely and accurately maintained. Manage the vendor tracking system to ensure that appropriate follow-up and tracking is maintained and completed timely.
- Assist the Compliance Officer with periodic reports to the Board regarding the results of the Bank’s oversight and monitoring of significant third-party service provider relationships.
Business Continuity Program
- Ensure that Bank Policy and Procedures provide an appropriate framework for oversight and daily risk management of the Bank’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Ensure the BCP is compliant with guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies.
- Assist in the annual testing of the Bank’s BCP.
Forms Management System
- Create & set the framework for ongoing management of the Bank’s forms.
- Create the process for which new forms are made; existing forms are updated or retired. Primary focus on forms that are customer facing.
- Ensure the business units/owners understand their responsibilities as a part of forms management.
- Ensure business units/owners review forms from their perspective areas and make changes to forms as appropriate.
- Assist the business units in identifying and clearly understanding the types of compliance risks inherent in the Bank’s activities and make appropriate efforts to remain informed about these risks as the Bank’s activities evolve.
- Assist the Compliance Officer to ensure that the Bank maintains a sound compliance risk management system with active oversight of operational risk, adequate policies, procedures, and a strong management information system for measuring, monitoring and risk reporting.
- Review compliance deficiencies noted in operational risk related examinations/audits and seek to determine whether management adequately addresses and remediates identified deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development of compliance risk management reporting methods, systems and an adequate array of reports that provide levels of detail about risk exposures that are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the risk management function.
- Monitor and maintain a formal process for identifying, reporting and implementing new regulations or changes to existing regulations within specific areas of responsibility. Provide ongoing reports of upcoming changes to the Compliance Officer; report the Bank impact and report activities related to implementation. Lead business units to ensure effective implementation of revisions to forms, documents, disclosures, notices, software enhancements, and other change management tasks.
- Review appropriate policies to risk limits.
- Identify and review all compliance related risks associated with new activities or products and ensure that the Bank’s infrastructure and internal controls in place are adequate to manage related risks prior to commencing new activities or offering new products.
- Ensure business units are sufficiently familiar with and they are using adequate recordkeeping and reporting systems to measure and monitor the significant sources of operational risk.
- Assign responsibilities to individual business units in order to maintain effective internal controls within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned by the Compliance Officer.
- Maintain a current understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance issues.
- Communicate a strong awareness of and need for effective internal controls and high ethical standards.
TriCo Bancshares and Tri Counties Bank are headquartered in Chico, California. From a single bank on a tree-lined street in Chico 38 years ago, Tri Counties Bank has grown to 66 branches serving communities from Bakersfield to the Oregon Border, from the Sierra Nevada to the wild north coast, with assets over $2.5 billion.
Tri Counties Bank offers financial services and provides a diversified line of products and services to consumers and businesses, which include demand, savings and time deposits, consumer finance, online banking, mortgage lending, and commercial banking throughout its market area. It operates a network of 72 ATMs and provides a 24-hour, seven days a week telephone customer service center. Brokerage services are provided at the Bank’s office by the Bank’s association with Raymond James Financial, Inc.
How has Tri Counties remained strong and profitable? A top-down commitment to responsible lending and sound business practices. Plus a dedication to service, convenience, and technology, including online and mobile banking, supermarket branches open seven days a week, and a 24-hour telephone banking center.
But we know that our success is really based on our presence in the towns and cities we serve. We’ve always treated customers the way we want to be treated. Which makes sense, because we live here too. You may recognize us at baseball games and local eateries, skiing in the mountains, boating on the lakes, and fishing the local streams. The personal touch comes naturally to us.
Medical, dental and vision, Prescription Drug, Group Term Life/AD&D, Dependent Life and Supplemental Life Plans, Flex 125 Plans, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, 401k Retirement Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Time Off Plans