The Branch Manager directs and coordinates branch activities personally or through branch staff to attain branch goals, including sales, customer service, proper credit quality and risk management. Maintains a customer-driven sales and service environment.
- Conducts daily team huddles at the beginning and end of each day.
- Proactively plans, controls and directs branch activities towards attaining branch goals included but not limited to profiling, tele-consulting and business calling efforts.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly service to customers.
- Ensures branch follows all operating and compliance guidelines including adhering to the Operational Loss Policy.
- Ensures branch successfully passes annual reviews and audits.
- Monitors loans, deposits, referrals to business partners, and fee income production.
- Develops and implements branch specific marketing plans.
- Profiles existing customers to maintain and expand banking relationships. Profiles prospective customers to develop new business. Maintains a database of active prospects.
- Partners with Business Banking Officer to develop a local area business development program.
- Works with Human Resources to determine recruitment sources.
- Administers HR policies and procedures and is responsible for training and developing staff to assure skills for assigned position.
- Makes consumer and small business loans within lending authority. Approves credits and overdrafts within overdraft authority.
- Operates within assigned annual budget guidelines and expense controls.
- In-Store branch manager maintains a professional working relationship with store’s management to create a team effort.
- In-Store branch manager actively manages and adheres to PA and aisle visitation schedules.
- Represents Bank in community and civic affairs.
- Conducts branch sales meetings.
- Appoints an officer or a senior staff member to assume branch responsibilities when both Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager are absent.
- Ensures branch compliance of audit and regulatory procedures. Adheres to compliance guidelines.
- Maintains a current understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance issues.
- Ensures the branch FTE is properly allocated according to customer visitation patterns.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Appropriate management experience required.
- Ability to lead and direct others.
- Outbound business calling experience preferred.
- Experience in a personal banker role preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal/nonverbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of consumer and commercial lending.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Medical, dental and vision, Prescription Drug, Group Term Life/AD&D, Dependent Life and Supplemental Life Plans, Flex 125 Plans, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, 401k Retirement Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Time Off Plans